Monthly payments are due on the 1st day of the month. A “grace period” is available through the 7th day of the month.
Checks and/or money orders (made out to EBHC) may be dropped off when office is open, be left in the office mail box (black box to the left of office door), or paid via PayPal using the “Sending to a friend” option. NO CASH IS ACCEPTED. A receipt will be given to you promptly.
***If you cannot make a timely payment, arrangements must be made with the Office Manager by the 7th day of the month. All workout arrangements will be reported to the Membership and Management co-coordinators by the Office Manager.
A workout arrangement: (Verify decision to allow one workout via OM)
- Can only be for 50% of carrying charges (rent + any applicable fines) and
- Is only permissible once per calendar year
- UNLESS separate arrangements are made with Management and/or Membership Committees and
- Is only available to qualifying members.
For the purposes of this policy, a qualifying member is a member who:
- Has been an EBHC member for at least six months and
- Has paid her/his membership fee in full and
- Has not been behind on energy hours for at least the past two quarters (6 months).
A workout could be comprised as such: if a member desires to pay rent on the 12th of every month, for example, because s/he gets paid on the 10th, that could be acceptable and qualify as one workout.
If you do not make arrangements by the 7th day of the month, you will be charged a $10 late fee and given a ten (10) day notice. If payment is not made by the end of those 10 days, eviction procedures will begin.
Thirty (30) days after notification by the Office Manager, all fines double. Hardship exceptions must have the approval of Membership or Management.
Note: This policy, like any other, can be exempted by committee.