The mission of East Blair Housing Cooperative is to create an intentional community of low-cost, residential housing which:
- values and encourages community, creativity, diversity, civility, cooperation, and accountability among its members and its neighbors;
- cooperatively owns and manages itself;
- assesses carrying charges (rent) at affordable (i.e., at or below HUD’s Fair Market Rent) levels and accepts Section 8 vouchers so as to be able to maintain its tradition of providing the opportunity of quality, occupant-operated housing that gives preference to people who earn low incomes and/or would not otherwise have access to such housing;
- provides opportunity for its members to learn skills such as consensus decision making, conflict resolution, home repair, gardening, caregiving, and nonprofit management; and
- promotes cooperative and affordable housing in the community at large.
EBHC does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, creed, national origin, sexual preference, age, disability or political affiliation.